L'Estafette
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

L'Estafette - Histoire & Wargames

Le Deal du moment : -45%
WHIRLPOOL OWFC3C26X – Lave-vaisselle pose libre ...
Voir le deal
339 €

Vous n'êtes pas connecté. Connectez-vous ou enregistrez-vous

GT 34 report of CNA

Aller en bas  Message [Page 1 sur 1]

1GT 34 report of CNA Empty GT 34 report of CNA Lun 21 Sep 2020 - 18:47

Newcolt

So, GT 34 is now over.

Before doing so, I must report as well the constructions made by the Axis. As from GT26 3rd op's stage :
Unblocking 3 levels of Benghasi port to enable shipping in (2500 tons per op's stage)
Building 7 airfields
Building 11 levels of fortifications (2 of Tobruk city itself)
In construction 5 Airfields and 1 level of fortifications (around Mersa Matruh).

It is true, compared with the British, the Axis have at their disposal one Engineer battalion in each division plus one (of the 90 Le which arrived alone). And the Sgsu's can built/rebuilt airfields. So much easier for them to build what they require.

The British can count only on Headquarters with engineering capability and Sgsu's for airfields. Thanks to the speediness of the British Quartermaster, all hexes before El Alamein are now mined with no dummy minefield and two to three hexes deep.

The British, during GT 34 didn't much apart from building minefields all around and training troops in need (Troops of the 1st South African infantry division ie 1st SA).

The Axis consolidated their positions around Mersa Matruh and built airfields plus brought forward much needed supplies. They speeded as well all troops debarking in Africa to the front line.  90 Le is starting its deployment.

On GT 34 1st op's stage, a rainstorm occurred on map B and D, so no Air sorties were flown.
On GT 34 2nd op's stage, the British decided to attack Matruh airfield, not to let the Axis feel at home. But Rommel is covering his airfields and dumps around Matruh as he knows they're very important.

GB losses on that attack were horrendous : 15 x Hu I, 6 x Tom, 1 x Blen I fighter, 5 x Well IV, 9 x Blen I, 6 x Blen IV.
Axis losses were of 3 x CR 42, 4 x 110 C, 1 x 109 E. Plus one level on the airfield.

On GT 34 3rd op's stage, the British went for the dump of Tobruk to the great surprise of the Axis as no cover was provided. Tobruk lost 5533 tons of supplies (more than what arrived in the whole week). Rommel must rethink employment of the Air Forces.

The British mustered all available replacements and troops to revive the 9 AUS infantry division. That division is now operative with all support troops and two regiments of infantry.

And that put an end to GT 34. Arrow

Revenir en haut  Message [Page 1 sur 1]