L'Estafette
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

L'Estafette - Histoire & Wargames

Le deal à ne pas rater :
Nike : Jusqu’à 50% sur les articles de fin de saison
Voir le deal

Vous n'êtes pas connecté. Connectez-vous ou enregistrez-vous

Preparation and start of the Desert Fox, second scenario of CNA

Aller en bas  Message [Page 1 sur 1]

Newcolt

It took time to prepare all documentations, log sheets of every kind, plus playing counters and the map. That was time consuming but nice as you could remember aspects of History and of the game. And I took time to do the statistics between me playing the scenario and the reality at the start of the second scenario. More than impressive in favor of the Italians. But, remember, could you really do worse than what they did (in the game)? I doubt it.  

So, we started the second scenario: Desert Fox. That one covers The Axis forces comprised the infamous 5 Le (to become 21st Panzer Division later), some troops of the 15th Panzer Division, the Ariete Tank Division, the Trento motorized Infantry Division plus the Pavia, Brescia, Bologna, Savona Infantry Divisions. The Sabratha infantry division Headquarter is at Tripoli but with no troop whatsoever. It has to be rebuilt on replacement coming from Italy -if possible-.

The British have the 2nd Armored division in battle groups in front of the Axis forces, the 9th Australian infantry division in battle group in Benghasi and Tobruk, the 7th Armored division at Alexandria with all its tanks to be repaired and some independent battalions of Infantry, Machinegun, Anti-Tank, Artillery and Tanks between Alexandria and Cairo only to be operational one after the other on ensuing op's stages. A long time to have everybody available.

We're starting the CNA game on GT26 op's stage 3. Rommel have the initiative and sure enough took it to circle round the British Armored Division and destroy it entirely with the 5 Le, Ariete and Trento divisions. Capturing troops, trucks, anti-tank (AT), artillery (Arty) and tanks (TKS) along the way.

The 9 Australian batlle groups in Benghasi rushed out to Tobruk blowing before departing only 10% of the dump. Rommel rushed to take Benghasi and put to good use captured supplies, starting to unblock the port. He will need one full week and will be able to start bringing supplies in in two weeks time from Italy.

The 9th Australian infantry division being fully operational as a division in Tobruk, augmented with every independent battalion possible. Two squadrons of Hurricane I (Hu I) are at Tobruk.

The Axis forces surrounded Tobruk, took Derna and Bardia and start to use their coastal vessels for supplies. Before assaulting Tobruk, the Axis destroyed the fortifications and only then assaulted. Even the best Australians couldn't resist the onslaught and had to capitulate after evacuating the Hu I squadrons and headquarter of the division plus two independent battalions.

Much needed supplies were captured along with men and material.

If you remember, it didn't happened like that in reality... Not at that time.

The British have now lost one Armored and one Infantry division. So, they get out of Matruh and rush to ? To El Alamein. Preparing the ground with masses of Land mines.

Rommel push forward with light battle groups (Reco, and motorcycle units) He prepares Matruh to receive dumps, troops, airfields. The British destroyed the Matruh Airfield but with some noticeable losses. Rommel built two other airfields (again Matruh plus Charing Cross) and four dumps as well. The British tried to impede the capacity of supplies by totally destroying Matruh's dump in three bombing operations coupled with the Fleet.  The price to pay was really high in bombers and even fighters as the Axis defended it fiercely. The Fleet lost as well, Queen Elisabeth Battleship was sunken along with two destroyers. Rommel took all 109 E from Sicily and place them on the front line to defend Matruh area. Four full squadrons.

Malta had the visit of the Luftwaffe several times and heavily (twice level III and once level II) All is more quite now but wuch was lost, even the reinforcements. We can reco the naval lanes but not bomb it!

Oh, I almost forgot, one very daring raid was made by one Long Range Desert Group (LRDG) against Rommel itself... and wounded him. For two turns, the initiative of the Axis forces was only 3 opposed the the 6.

We're now playing GT 34

Revenir en haut  Message [Page 1 sur 1]