L'Estafette
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

L'Estafette - Histoire & Wargames

-29%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
PC portable Gamer ERAZER DEPUTY P60 – 15,6” FHD 144Hz – i7-12è ...
999.99 € 1399.99 €
Voir le deal

Vous n'êtes pas connecté. Connectez-vous ou enregistrez-vous

Lancement de CNA

Aller en bas  Message [Page 1 sur 1]

1Lancement de CNA Empty Lancement de CNA Jeu 25 Juin 2020 - 17:48

Newcolt

Hi,
Some news from the Front... I wish I had one of the guys from the Team of CNA creation to talk to! As I would like to ask him/them one question: How can Graziani go forward with being already out of Stores for his army on the first op's stage of the first turn? Air force nor counted. According to the rules he needs roughly 4000 points of stores when he have only 3700 on his hands. And furthermore, no construction of airfields, fortifications or other constructions/functions requiring the use of Stores. So, on the first turn of my game orders have been given to go on half rations for all non essential units (only the first turn). This permitted Graziani offensive to go as far as... Sidi Barrani! What a surprise. Sure enough, initiative was only good for the first turn. All the British battalions have been repulsed with quite some casualties-only because the Italians have been organized somewhat differently ; rules permitting. The British are returning to Mersa Matruh and reorganizing as Divisions and Brigades. While the Italians do what they did badly and fortified themselves. Plus the fact that they do not have the possibility to move forward with cohesion and force. But, but this Graziani actually playing is not daft and is totally reorganizing the Army, rules permitting. Air Force and Supply System are complying with he same reorganization.

2Lancement de CNA Empty Some considerations Ven 26 Juin 2020 - 11:26

Newcolt

For those wandering why a hell am I writing in English, here the reason : I am playing the game and sending everything to a group specialized with CNA in the USA.
Consideration for play and supplies:
Hummm, the truck system! I know you have to improvise some time, but the truck system. Considering that trucks can load any type of supplies? Really, can a truck content be as needed fuel, water, ammo or stores ? For some of these ok, but the same truck carrying water or fuel? Not really, And the Italians dind't "invent" yet the Jerrycan. I know. May be at that time the Italians are carrying with them their superb sparkling water in glass bottles ? LOL. Well, this is a game, finally, not reality. We're trying to play a game. The same for ammo, knowing the superb range of Italian arty, one wonder what to order to the Quartermaster in Italy. But, this is simply ammo, is it not? Tobruk garrison is of 50*INF, 3*HQ and 58*guns (including AA) so my calculations are of (50+0.75+58)*4=435 points of stores.
All the trucks with the troops are carrying when permitted what they need and second/third line trucks in convoys are carrying everything up to their max capacity.
The convoy system have been organized as to take off the load of fuel used for way and back with that particular convoy. i.e if 50 medium trucks are organized in convoy and 10 of them are carrying fuel that represent 1200 points. But way and back for the total of 40 cpa is taken off what was brought in the convoy so, just delivering 800 points of fuel.
To go from Tripoli to Tobruck one truck is using 121 cpa and 24.2 points of fuel. The way back will be the same for a grand total of 48.4, meaning only bringing to Tobruk 120-48.4=71.6 points of fuel.
The total on map for the Italians is of 3 700 stores, not including the content of trucks, coastal shipping and maritime convoys arriving from Italy. All coastal ships are in Tripoli, many second/third line trucks are in Tripoli/Tripolitania. Can I just load them with only stores? As you know I can't really.
I should dismiss troops and/or send back to Italy useless units. Quite a few around...
Greetings from the desert.
Alain

3Lancement de CNA Empty Air combat GT1 and Malta GT2 Sam 27 Juin 2020 - 7:32

Newcolt

HI,
As for air combat this is what happened for the three op's stages of the first turn. On the first op's stage both player decided to raid an airfield: El Adem for the British, Mersa Matruh for the Italians. In Matruh, the Glad stand on scramble, the Hu I went to El Adem as well as the Blen IV'F from Alexandria. Every bomber available was participating in the action of bombing the airfield. No interception on the part of the Italians. Airfield was reduced one level with the loss of 2*cR42 and 1*Ro37b on the ground for the loss of 1*Blen I and 1*Blen I aborted from AA fire. Both fighters and bombers returned home. On Matruh, the Italians had no fighter cover, so the Glads ( 30) went to intercept the bombers: 6*Ro37b, 35*SM79, 8*Ba88, 4*SM81, 12*Ca309. The Glads shot down 2*Ro37b and 2*Ba88 for the loss of 5*Glad. Two waves of bombing went ahead for the result of reducing three levels the airfield and 3*Glad on the ground.
For the second op'stage the rules stipulate that the Italians could not prepare aircraft until op's 2... so no bombers where available as such as every bomber available went to Matruh on the first. The British went again to El Adem to continue the work. That time Italian fighters were waiting. For the story five squadrons were scrambling from other airfields and only two managed to get there plus the two operating on El Adem. Fighter cover for the British was 6*HuI, 1*MS406, 6*BlenIV'F. 26*CR42 were waiting. 2*Hu I went down for the loss of 1*CR42 (!) The remaining CR42 went for the bombers, Bombay's and Blen I. 2*Bombay went down as well as 4*Blen I. As for AA fire, 1*Blen I went down and 1*Bombay aborted. One level of the airfield was destroyed as well as 2*Ro37b and 1*CR42 on the ground. Planes retruned home.
On the 3rd op's stage, British came back again and Italians again to Matruh. The British didn't think the Italians were coming back to Matruh (!) but they did. So every British fighters and bombers available went to El Adem again. Unmolested, the Italians totally destroyed the airfield as well as planes on the ground (remaining Glad and MS 406). On El Adem, on air to air combat the British lost 1*Hu I with a One pilot whom bailed out and returned home, 4*Glad went down for the loss of 2*CR32. On returning home to no airfield, the Glad had to crash around Matruh and Hu I managed to go to Fuka airstrip. One Bombay went down with the Italian fighters. As for AA fire, 1*Blen I and 1*Blen IV went down and 1*Blen I aborted. All that to no result for the bombing.
For playing the dices for every single combat, I played every time with a friend. The Italians have been (very) lucky so far but we all know this will not carry on for long.
On the first op's stage the Italians transferred planes to Sicily (35*SM79, 24*CR42, 12*SM81 and 10* Ba65). 10*Ba65 arrived on GT2; All attacking Malta (Luqa airfield) -which I visited in real life- on a Level I bombing with a dice of 11 (5+6) on the Malta raid table on GT2 for the loss of two airfield levels.

Contenu sponsorisé

Revenir en haut  Message [Page 1 sur 1]